BACK TO NEWS
18th April 2020
To: Club Chairman and Swimmers,
Re: The National Arena Swimming League 2020
On behalf of the National Arena Swimming League Western (NASLW), I hope we find everyone well and safe. We have all found ourselves in an unprecedented situation with the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
On behalf of the NASLW I would like to bring everyone up to date with the current situation we have found ourselves in due to Covid-19. The Officers of Western League Executive Committee have come to the following conclusions:
- The NASLW will continue with the arrangements for the coming three rounds in 2020.
- The NASLW are suspending the affiliation fees for this season, 2020.
- Any team or club that has paid the affiliation fee will be reimbursed.
- All teams that wish to take part will still need to make their applications so the NASLW are able to collate all the information so the rounds can be scheduled.
- If we find ourselves in the position where the country still is in lockdown and are under restrictions, we will then reconsider swimming two rounds, or one round depending upon the situation at that time.
I will be contacting all teams that submit applications to swim this year via your club/team contacts and update you on a regular basis over the next several months. The National Executive along with the NASLW committee have individually met to consider all the options that are open to the constituent leagues at this time. The National Swimming League, along with our partners Arena Solo Sports and Shockwave, consider the health and wellbeing of the swimmers, coaches along with all the volunteers involved in sport to be most important to us at this time.
On behalf of NASLW, can I wish everyone the very best during these times of uncertainty and everyone stays safe. Just remember a sports quote made by “Michael Jordan”, ” Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.”
It’s important that everyone follows the guidance to help combat the spread of Covid-19, and with that we will see everyone when all the restrictions are lifted, and everyone will be stronger.
On behalf of The National Arena Swimming League Western Executive Committee,
18 April 2020