Statement from the League Executive Committee
The League recently carried out a Survey Monkey to establish the way the 2023 Programme is to be managed. The Executive met this week to confirm the events to be swum and how we will comply with the Swim England Transgender policy.
- All age groups shall remain as previously defined.
- The categories shall be Female and Open/Male.
- All galas shall be licensed.
- All relays shall be single category as defined by Swim England Policy ie. Female and Open/Male.
- All relays shall comprise of four athletes including events 49 and 50.
- There will be an additional event, Event 51 which will comprise of an athlete representing each age group and category, so 8 athletes swimming in any order. Athletes can only swim in their own age group and defined category, they may not swim up.
Programmes of events, recording sheets and all the required paperwork will be produced in due course to comply with the new conditions which will also be produced following the AGM in June 2023.