E.Midlands League : Round 1 2018
Please see the attached draw for Round 1 of the 2018 league starting in October.
The draw for the Premier Division was done in the normal way ie the top six teams from 2017 being seeded into galas 1,2&3 then the remaining teams being drawn. With the Division 2 being only 10 teams the meeting felt after seeing the teams that it would be better to split into East &West, for the first round to try to reduce the travel, then return to the draw format for the next 2 Rounds. So far 3 pools have been booked Cambridge, Peterborough, Newmarket – it is intended to use Cambridge for all 3 Rounds with City of Cambridge having two teams one in each Division but I will still contact teams after the round draws to host again to try to reduce travel.
The league fees are as per last year £90 per team ie league fees £60 & travel levy £30, You have been sent Mel Hickmans report from the AGM giving the BACS details for payment. Mels date of the 31st July is a bit tight due to my lateness in getting the details out to you but if you can return by the 11th of August it would be a great help.
AGM minutes are posted to the Minutes tab, and the main points are:
- For travel claims the 100 mile limit reduced to 50 miles
- Licence the Premier final
- Maintain 2 divisions
- League fees to increase to £100 per team for 2019
- Try to increase the number of clubs, suggesting to smaller clubs to duel register swimmers,but to swim as one club
- To look into all galas being licenced,
With GDPR the league will need to circulate the email contact list to host teams. Please state that :
1) you are the contact for the team and that you accept that your email can be passed to teams with in the Eat Midlands League,
2) if you require people added to the contact list or removed please contact. Any problems please contact I will be in touch ref team registration ect in early September